<$BlogRSDUrl$>

PEDRO

Thursday, March 31, 2005

PEDRO, originally uploaded by joaobambu.


Pedro and I have known each other for many years. I used to play guitar with his grandfather before he passed away. The man was self-taught and composed his own songs; his grandson was the only one who would carry on the tradition.

He is a really smart kid. We would always have philosophical discussions whenever he would visit me at my grandfather's ranch. At one point, he gave up on playing chorinho, which is a lamenting instrumental guitar music our grandfathers passed onto us (genetically, it seems..)

It disappointed me because he is a great classical guitar player. Recently, he just passed his Vestibular in Sao Paulo and went through the initiation which is so common in Brazil.

They shave your head or do something to humiliate you.

He told me he started to play guitar again recently via MSN Messenger.

That really made me happy.